Turkey Pumpkin Stew
This comforting autumn soup is filled with creamy pumpkin and savory turkey, while keeping it low-carb and high protein. Doesn’t get better than this! If you’re making this after your big holiday meal, feel free to use shredded, roasted turkey instead of raw, ground turkey. Simply chop the shredded, roasted turkey and add in the last 10 minutes of the cooking time. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1 (14oz) can pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- In a large soup pot, place the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until tender. Add the fennel, butternut squash and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet place the ground turkey over medium-high heat. Cook until browned, stirring often. Drain off liquid.
- Add the turkey, tomatoes, pumpkin, broth, salt and pepper to the soup pot. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley and cook, uncovered for another 10 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 110 calories, 4g fat, 195mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 9g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers!
Here at So Cal Boot Camp our heart-rate based interval workouts are scientifically designed to deliver maximum fat burning result in the shortest amount of time by generating an afterburn effect which increases your metabolic rate for up to 37 hours after your workout.
Our comprehensive training programming allows for simultaneous improvements in strength, metabolic function, and cardiovascular endurance while achieving effective fat-loss and also allowing for active recovery.
Your first workout is FREE. Click below to book now.