Here’s what you need…
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan as optional garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut the spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Spray the center of both halves of the squash with cooking spray, and place the cut side up on a cookie sheet. Roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven, and let cool. Once it’s safe to handle, scrape the flesh into a large bowl. Add the steamed broccoli florets to the bowl, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil on medium heat, and whisk in the coconut flour. Add the coconut milk, and whisk quickly. Turn heat down to low, add the cheddar and ½ cup grated Parmesan to the saucepan, and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the spaghetti squash and broccoli mixture, and toss until all the squash is covered.
- Dish into 4 portion, and top off with the salt and pepper to taste plus red pepper flakes and extra Parmesan if you wish!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 290 calories, 23g fat, 360mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 14g protein
Here at So Cal Boot Camp our heart-rate based interval workouts are scientifically designed to deliver maximum fat burning result in the shortest amount of time by generating an afterburn effect which increases your metabolic rate for up to 37 hours after your workout.
Our comprehensive training programming allows for simultaneous improvements in strength, metabolic function, and cardiovascular endurance while achieving effective fat-loss and also allowing for active recovery.
Your first workout is FREE. Click below to book now.