Here is a chicken dish that is great to make on busy weeknights. It’s quite simple, yet yields tremendous flavor with very little effort on your part. While many chicken dishes turn out dry, these bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs come out moist and tender every single time!
For the olive mixture, feel free to use a combination of whatever olives and roasted peppers and garlic that you like. If your market has an olive bar, then that’s the perfect place to put together a nice sampling of flavors to use for this recipe. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 cup combination of roughly chopped pimento stuffed green olives, kalamata olives, pimentos and roasted garlic (or whatever looks good at your local olive bar!)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut oil, olive oil, fresh oregano, garlic, sea salt, paprika and pepper. Place the chicken thighs skin side up in a casserole pan, and spread the flavor mixture over the skin. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the olive mixture and lemon wedges over the chicken and return to the oven to roast the thighs until the skin is crisp and a thermometer registers at 165 degrees F in this thickest part of the thigh, about 20 more minutes. Switch the oven to high broil for 2 to 3 minutes at the very end of the cook time to crisp up the chicken skins. Garnish with fresh oregano. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 353 calories, 22g fat, 4g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 625mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 34g protein.
Here at So Cal Boot Camp your first workout is always FREE.
Click below to book now.