Your new favorite breakfast “muffin”! The inspiration for these muffins came from a fancy egg white frittata enjoyed at a swanky restaurant. This recipe gives you all the same gourmet flavor with the convenience of a handheld muffin. Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or snack time!
What makes these muffins so fancy? It has Kabocha squash and Brussels Sprouts giving stand-out flavor and texture to the egg whites. Be sure to dice your Kabocha very tiny and to shred the Brussels Sprouts quite thin. Also if you can’t find Kabocha squash then Butternut Squash works too.
Here’s what you need…
- Non-stick, olive oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup Kabocha squash, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, finely shredded
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 20 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Lightly spray 12 muffins tins with non-stick olive oil spray.
- In a skillet place the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the squash and Brussels Sprouts and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg whites with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir in the tender veggies. Divide the egg mixture into the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until the eggs have set. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 49 calories, 1g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 88mg sodium, 1g sugar, 1g fiber, and 8g protein.
Share to motivate your family and friends!
Here at So Cal Boot Camp our heart-rate based interval workouts are scientifically designed to deliver maximum fat burning result in the shortest amount of time by generating an afterburn effect which increases your metabolic rate for up to 37 hours after your workout.
Our comprehensive training programming allows for simultaneous improvements in strength, metabolic function, and cardiovascular endurance while achieving effective fat-loss and also allowing for active recovery.
Your first workout is FREE. Click below to book now.