This mixture of tender veggies is perfect for packed meals for the week. The savory and tangy flavor element from the vinegar adds the perfect amount of kick to liven up a serving of protein.
One of the reasons that I chose these three particular vegetables (red onions, mushrooms, and asparagus) was because it will last all week in the fridge without getting soft, soggy or otherwise undesirable. In fact, the flavors intensify over a few days and you can continue to enjoy the same batch all week!
Here’s what you need
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 bunches Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments
- 4 cups white mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- sea salt and black pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and vinegar and continue to sauté for another 4 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper and continue to sauté until the liquid is gone and the veggies are tender and flavorful. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 43 calories, 2g fat, 5g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 4mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 3g protein.
Here at So Cal Boot Camp our heart-rate based interval workouts are scientifically designed to deliver maximum fat burning result in the shortest amount of time by generating an afterburn effect which increases your metabolic rate for up to 37 hours after your workout.
Our comprehensive training programming allows for simultaneous improvements in strength, metabolic function, and cardiovascular endurance while achieving effective fat-loss and also allowing for active recovery.
Your first workout is FREE. Click below to book now.